Wednesday, September 12, 2007

this is it


I just want to introduce my partner on this blog. He is sweet and honest and caring and gentle and funny and smart and sexy and everything I could want in a partner. I had to get out of the dorms this summer, and I basically moved in with him. We got used to daily life together -- ironing in the morning, making dinner, packing lunch, getting groceries, making mix CDs...and also movies and performances and swimming, hiking, backpacking, camping, going to his triathlons... it was so nice, and now that I can't see him every day, I miss him terribly. You sensible readers will tell me that it will be (at most) a week before i can see him again. But that doesn't make me miss him less, and it doesn't make me less sad to wake up in the morning and have no one to make me smile when I'm groggy, no one to tease me when I'm sleepy, and no one to snuggle with when we hit the snooze button.

I am so happy to be with him, sharing life and commitment and love and the conflicts that sometimes come up because we decide to be with each other. If you haven't met him, I hope you can someday. We've talked a lot about our pasts and our futures, and I'm excited to introduce him to more people who are important in my life. I'm sure you will hear more about him if I can keep up this blog thing.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

He most definitely IS all those things you listed. I'm glad he has you and that you have him.

I totally understand the "missing" thing. It's so fucking whack.

That's all.
Yay love and boo missing love.

Anonymous said...

Hi Wade,
Thanks for saying all these wonderful things. You are definitely a gift to me in so many ways and I miss seeing you every day too. However, it makes me appreciate all the time we spend together. I know you'll have a wonderful CPE year and I look forward to hearing all about it. I love you so much, Cory.