Friday, September 14, 2007

made it / assignments

So I made it through my week of CPE orientation. it went pretty well, actually. I like the group of students I'm with -- I think we'll learn a lot from each other.

I'll probably write more later. (already i've started saying that!)


But I wanted to post my assignments for the unit (for the next 10 weeks). I've been assigned to the Spinal Cord Injury Unit, as well as the Nursing Home, which includes Gerontology and Geriatric Psychiatry. I asked to work with Alzheimers and dementia at some point during the program. Having worked at a nursing home, I feel a little more comfortable with the geriatric stuff, and I've enjoyed the work I've done with elderly people. The Spinal Injury unit is a bit more frightening because of the implications for paralysis, but I think it will be a good place for me to start.

1 comment:

lindseyann said...

Congraulations on making it through your first week! I'm thinking of you,
Linz