Friday, September 5, 2008

classes

So I finally got my sched figured out, and I think I'm satisfied. One of classes I was most looking forward to, "The Quest for Spirituality in America," got cancelled. I replaced it with "Remembering," a theological and liturgical look at remembering and forgetting (individual and cultural/social levels). I'm also taking "Christ, Krishna, Buddha," a look at central figures in three of the world's religions. I also found out at the last minute the I had to take "Organizational Leadership," which I'm trying to muster excitement about, because it deals with group and systems theory. I was also enrolled in a class on the history and theology of the United Church of Christ, but at the last minute I switched it out in order to take "A Short History of Hell." Emily said I need to blog about that--trading in a church history class for a class on hell. Hm.
The professor opened with the cartoon "Not Without My Handbag" -- by Aardman Animation. Check it out on Youtube!
Should work out all right--though next semester I'm stuck with three required courses that I've been putting off a bit....
The upshot is that next semester there's also a class dealing with the role of Christianity in the Bay Area LGBT community since WWII.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I said you should blog about it b/c it's funny that the course titles aren't different! LOL. :)