Thursday, October 4, 2007

a happy birthday

Yesterday was my birthday, and it was really great. I had an okay day in CPE, and I came back home to find that my partner had made a few plans. He took me to a fancy dinner and then he and his mom had a cake and sang to me. I got some sweet phone calls from friends (including a mysterious one that came from a PSR office that included static and snippets of a song and then lots of laughter....hmm...). My mom called the night before, and I got cards from each of my family members. My dad's card made me get misty-eyed. And I got some very cute photos of my nieces Madie and Libby. I also got a some great presents from my partner and his mom (she called me son in her card, and that also made me get misty-eyed). Today I took the rest of the cake to work, and my colleagues sang a quite melodic happy birthday song and shared cake.
It reminds me how much I'm in love with my man, and how incredibly sweet he is. It reminds me how happy I am to be alive, to be where I'm at--and how grateful I am to have the people and experiences I've been lucky enough to have.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Wade! (one day late)

It sounds like you had a wonderful day.

Anonymous said...

OK, the static/singing/laughing message was from the Dean's Team - do we need to do a dramatic re-enactment?!?!

Sounds like you had a great day - well deserved!
xoxox Joellynn