Monday, October 8, 2007

a happy birthday continued

Since I don't have any photos of this weekend, here's one of me blowing out the candles on my cake.
This weekend my partner said he wanted to take me somewhere for the weekend but he wouldn't tell me where. (Have I talked about how sweet and amazing he is?) Turns out the destination was Harbin Hot Springs. We had a great time relaxing in the warm pool, the stingingly hot pool, and the piercingly cold pool. We tent-camped for the night and made a tasty pizza for dinner and oatmeal for breakfast. He also got me my first professional massage--a deep tissue massage by a guy whose name means "the inner light of the Holy," who twisted me into contortions that were at once painful and relaxing. It was wonderful to spend time getting away and relaxing, not thinking about work and deadlines and worrying about money. It was so sweet for him to plan this weekend, and it was wonderful to get to spend that relaxing time with him. We floated around, and he held my hand while I braved that icy cold pool (and laughed with me at the hippie-fluffy aspects of the place). I hope we'll get to go back. And Monday is a holiday at work, so I have a day off to continue relaxing, get a little homework done, and watch a matinee movie.

2 comments:

lindseyann said...

LOVE this picture of you :-)

I am so glad to hear your birthday weekend was relaxing, restorative, and full of love! I've been sending lots your way--I, for one, am thrilled that you were born :-)

Lots of love,
Linz

Anonymous said...

I'm baffled. How can one make pizza when camping in a tent? A portable stove or barbecue is normal, but few people would carry an oven with them, what?