Tuesday, January 27, 2009

research assistantship / voices

Yesterday I got asked to help do some research for a faculty member this semester. So you might be reading more about the following topics:
- The role of ritual in pastoral care and healing (for a pastoral care class in the fall)
- The role of religion and spirituality in theories of violence and nonviolence (for a long-term research project)

This stuff falls pretty well into my areas of interest (the spiritual care and healing aspects, and the roles of religion in violence and in social movements).


In the meantime, I'm also looking forward to a getaway to LA soon, to see my college friend Erica Brookhyser sing with the LA Opera. I know nothing about the world of opera, but it holds some kind of glamorous appeal in my head, and I'm proud to be connected to someone with such a rich, warm, and stunning voice. Come to think of it, I have lots of friends with rich, stunning voices - whether in sound, poetry, prose, or opinion. That's kinda cool.

No comments: