Saturday, August 16, 2008

it is finished

Friday was my last day of the chaplain residency. CPE (Clinical Pastoral Education, the method of learning used in chaplain education) was transformative, frustrating, liberating... I may have more to say later, but all I can say now is that I am done saying goodbye for a while (2 weeks' worth of "closure" exercises and opportunities wears me out, when I'm used to maybe a days' worth). AND I don't want to learn another damn thing about myself for two solid weeks. A year of intensive introspection is difficult, even for someone like me, who was born gazing at my navel).

My partner and Mama were very sweet. She cooked me a special dinner to celebrate my graduation on Thursday, and he brought me flowers and chocolate and had a nice little celebration Friday after work.

No comments: