Friday, March 21, 2008

75%

I'm happy to announce that I am 75% engaged!
Last night, after a pretty tough day at work, my partner picked me up from the BART station. Mysteriously, he took me on a drive and parked along the side of the road near a forest--Redwood Park. We took a walk along a dirt path, as the sun was setting, among the trees. We held hands and walked, enjoying our conversations, our company, and the quiet of the path. It massaged the knots out of some of my emotionally difficult day.
And then, in a particular bend in the road, he fumbled around in his pocket and fumbled around in a very sweet speech, and got down on both knees to ask me to marry him.
Of course I said yes, and he took out the cord necklace we'd made for the occasion and put it around my neck.
It was very sweet and happy, I have to say.
So 50% of the engagement was our conversation and decision to get married. The other 50% is the proposal itself. So he's done his part, and now I have to make my own plans for my proposal (or maybe I've already made them?).
That's the news. 75%

No comments: